Saturday, September 4, 2010

On the road

He came to me. Everything had gone quiet. That's when I knew something was wrong. Do you ever lie awake in your bed at night, and suddenly become aware of how quiet it really is? Not even the wind makes a sound. And you cover yourself up even tighter in the blankets, hoping you don't hear something that you're not supposed to hear. Whispers.

That is what it's like when He comes for me. I've seen the reports. I've seen other people's blogs. Everyone describes things differently. There is never one detail that just matches up. Theories. They're only theories.

I was staying in some small abandoned shack. In the woods. I understand that the trees are where he most frequents. But I could not refuse the gift of shelter. Sleeping out in the open, at night, is far more dangerous.

And the fog. Oh yes the fog. He uses that. I don't understand why and I have since come to accept there is no point in trying to understand. What matters is that He's here. As soon as everything had gone silent and the fog had appeared outside, I understood what was happening.

By then I had already packed everything up. Food, water, and the computer I had stolen from Best Buy. I checked every available opening. But there was no way out. The entire shack had been surrounded by thick, white fog.

Fear and Panic. Two things that cause deaths in stressful situations. When people panic, they make rash, irrational decisions.That, more than anything, is why so many people have fallen to Him.

What do you do when you can't see your enemy? You stay exactly where you are. Scope out the area. The shack I had taken residence in wasn't too far from a highway I had been using for a while. If He came inside, then I could always run.

 I waited. I frequently went around and watched the windows. There was nothing for a long while. I began to think that maybe, hopefully, this was normal fog. But I wasn't going to leave. He wouldn't get me. Not now. It wasn't time. If this was a trick, I wouldn't fall for it.

Then I heard it. A giggle. A small bout of laughter. A child. The room got colder. Then I heard a tap. I jumped. I turned.

And there He was. Watching from just beyond the window on the other side of the room. I hadn't seen him in four days. Four days of constantly looking over my shoulder, four days of walking down empty highways and watching people; families, in their rich and fancy convertibles smile and laugh as they drive to wherever they're driving to. Oblivious to the World around them. Oblivious to the millions who suffer each and every day from every horror imaginable.

And there He was. He, who represented all that was wrong with the World. Faceless, emotionless.

We faced each other. Neither moved. When you see Him, it's like you're frozen. Watching something so horrifying, yet so majestic. He has a way of making impressions. You can't help but feel amazed at how something like that could be.

There was only one exit. And He was on that side of the shack. So I waited. As did He. I felt as if He was waiting for me to make a move.

I can't help but wonder why. Why does he wait? I hear so many reports of Him just staring through windows. Perhaps he likes to play with his food. If I had that kind of power, I would have a similar attitude. Why kill them immediately? I could do it anytime I want.

I was so lost in thought at that point, that I didn't even realize He was gone. He had left. Perhaps He can read thoughts, perhaps He heard me wonder. Maybe He was trying to prove a point. So many maybes.

I waited another hour. The fog had dissipated. Allowing me to see the trees again. I was't sure if that was better or worse.

I left after that. I ran as fast as I could to the highway. And once I got there, I crossed to the other side of the road where there were no trees. Just grassy plains. I have a feeling I'm in the South somewhere.

That's all for now. I have to keep moving. I'll update whenever something of note comes up. Or, on the contrary, I may die and you'll never hear from me again. But regardless of what happens, I'll make sure to attempt to update again.

                                                                                                                             Regards.

1 comment: